Sunday, April 19, 2009

Head cheese is not cheese ya'll....


Went out for dinner and ended up at a mexican restaurant down the street. Being vegan on the road is almost impossible, but tonight I am glad I say no to any kind of cheese. Because, I did not know that head cheese is not actually cheese...
I took a picture of the menu, because I thought the word "head cheese" sounded funny and made me think of a special friend of the band. Then I got curious and googled it:
Head cheese is in fact not a cheese, but meat slices in aspic, with onion, black pepper, allspice, bayleaf, salt and or vinegar, from the head of a calf or pig (sometimes a sheep or cow). It may also include meat from the feet, tongue and heart.

share this: facebook

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home